We take into account a wide range of information when considering Boarding Scholarship applications, including the EH Flack Scholarship, such as sporting, leadership, visual arts and other similar capabilities and interests.
In addition to school reports and NAPLAN results, we suggest that additional supporting documentation is provided with an application.
- Student statement
- Parent statement
- Copies of awards, certificates, letters of reference, and/or details of your achievements.
About the student statement
This is the chance for you, the applicant, to tell us why you should be awarded a Scholarship at Melbourne Grammar School. It might explain:
- why you want to learn and board at Melbourne Grammar School
- what qualities you have that makes you a strong applicant for a Boarding Scholarship
- what are your future ambitions, if you have any
- anything else you think we should know about you to help us with our decision making
You can seek advice about the written part of your application from your parents and other adults, if you wish, however we would prefer it was written by you.
About the parent statement
Parents are welcome to expand on their son’s written application, explaining why they think he would be a strong candidate. We would also like to hear about your family background and any other information you feel would support the application.