Gap assistants engage in the life of the School, supporting, and participating in, activities both within and outside the classroom.
Our campus locations are near the heart of Melbourne so you’ll live close to beaches and parks, great shopping, and bespoke cafés. Cultural and sporting districts, including the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), are right on your doorstep.
- safe and secure accommodation within our boarding precinct
- three meals a day during term time
- an allowance to cover other living expenses
- time off on weekends and during school holidays to explore Melbourne, one of the world’s most livable cities, and other areas of Australia
- the possibility of school trips and excursions to various locations in Australia
- your own Gap mentor, as well as friendly and supportive working and living environments
- sponsorship of a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
We look for people who (normally):
- are confident, capable, and ready for new experiences
- have been a boarder at a school, similar to ours
- are passionate about mentoring students
- love sport, meeting new people, and exploring new cultures
- are taking a study break before commencing tertiary studies and can give a one year commitment to the role, commencing in July
Applications normally close towards the end of each calendar year, for commencement in the following year.